Ooey, gooey, and delicious, little beats a classic Grilled Cheese sandwich. But, without a doubt, some recipes are better and creamier than others. Take, for example, this recipe for the Ultimate Grilled Cheese. With cream cheese, two different types of shredded cheese, and supple Italian bread, this recipe goes heavy on the cheese for melt-in-your-mouth goodness. This recipe also makes five sandwiches, so you can feed your whole family with ease.
• 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
2. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
3. Spread 5 slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
4. Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Pikes Place on San Miguel Apartments in Colorado Springs, Colorado encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.