Ice cream is a summertime favorite for obvious reasons. Yet, with many social distancing guidelines still in effect, and countless ice cream shops temporarily closing due to the pandemic, you might be hard-pressed to come across your favorite local flavors. Luckily, it is possible to make ice cream at home – and no, you don’t need an ice cream maker, either! Follow this simple tutorial for delicious ice cream that requires no fancy equipment or special tools!
• 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups heavy cream
• Mix-ins, as desired
1. Line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
2. Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a large chilled bowl.
3. In a separate chilled bowl, whip heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk. Stir in any mix-ins you'd like at this point. Fruit, flavoring, or candy bits are all great options.
5. Pour into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Once the ice cream has hardened, grab a scoop, and enjoy it!
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Pikes Place on San Miguel Apartments in Colorado Springs, Colorado.